This is a simple cake that’s great with tea or coffee. It’s easy to make, pretty and very delicious!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup dried currants
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Cream together butter, sugar and eggs, adding eggs one at a time until fluffy and creamy.
- On low speed, vanilla and sour cream until incorporated.
- Stir in 1 cup of dried currants.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir and begin to add to wet ingredients a little at a time on low until mixed.
- Put into a regular sized greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 1 hr.