Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten in separate bowl)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Grease 9” springform pan. Mix crust ingredients in bowl and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into springform pan and spread so they are evenly dispersed on bottom and up sides of pan. Reserve approximately one tablespoon for topping later.
- In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in sugar and lightly beaten eggs.
- Add almond extract and Amaretto and mix on low speed.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour into springform pan and bake for 10 minutes at 450°.
- Lower temperature to 200° and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- Turn oven off and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door opened slightly for 3 hours.
- Remove sides from pan, sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture, and chill.