This shaved Brussels sprouts salad is made with toasted almond slices, sweet pomegranate seeds, and a tangy white wine vinaigrette. Perfect for a holiday side dish. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, paleo.
- ½ cup sliced almonds see note 1
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts shredded;
roughly 8 cups; see note 2
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 2 pomegranates de-seeded
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon
- salt & pepper
1. Shred Brussels Sprouts – Wash Brussels sprouts, and trim the bottom ¼ inch of the sprout off. Fit a 7 cup or larger food processor with the shredding blade. Process on high, feeding the sprouts through the chute to shred them into thin strips.
2. Mix Dressing – Shake together the vinaigrette ingredients, including white wine vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a jar or salad dressing shaker.
3. Combine – Toss together all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Add dressing – Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve, and enjoy!
- For added flavor, take the time to toast your almonds in a frying pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Trim the bottom ¼ inch off the sprouts and discard any browned leaves. Swap with cabbage or kale.
Prep ahead – store prepped salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store dressing and almonds separate.
Leftovers – store leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Note: the almonds may become soggy if stored with dressing, but the Brussels sprouts should hold up ok as they are hearty, like kale or cabbage.