“A staple in our household, we usually serve this as an appetizer and it’s great for parties (communion, baptism, birthday, winter comfort food). Our tradition does not include any meat, but it can be made with ground veal, etc.” – Sophia
- 2 cups of rice (Cooked will equal 4 cups)
- Mozzarella cheese -String cheese sticks cut in half
- Italian Breadcrumbs (1 canister of breadcrumbs /24oz)
- Tomato sauce 12-15oz
- Parmesan cheese (to your liking and for flavor)
- Dried parsley (generous amount)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Cook rice and let cool a bit. Add tomato sauce, eggs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, pepper to rice.
- Refrigerate and let sit for few hours.
- Heat cooking oil, enough for frying
- Grab a spoonful of mixture and form into mini footballs. Take a cut piece of the string cheese and insert into the middle of the football. Roll ball in the seasoned breadcrumbs and drop into fryer/skillet and cook.
- Put on paper towel to drain oil.
- Enjoy hot
Links are being provided for information purposes only. Raymond James is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. Raymond James is not responsible for the content of any website or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members. Raymond James does not provide tax or legal services. Please discuss these matters with the appropriate professional.